Preah Vihear, Cambodia

Vishnu Circle, Preah Vihear Province


L preah vihear cover

Overview

Preah Vihear is one of Cambodia’s provinces which borders to Oddar Meanchey Province and Siem Reap Province to the west, Kampong Thom Province to the south, and Stung Treng Province to the east, and borders to Thailand and Laos to the north.

Economy

Preah Vihear Province has a very good land for agriculture, so 85% of the economy is based on farming while the other 15% is on fishing and trading hardwood with the neighboring country like Thailand.

Transportation

Preah Vihear is a small province, so there are not so many means of transportation there. The distance from Phnom Penh to Preah Vihear Province is around 344 kilometers. Traveling by bus is a very good experience with saving cost, but it takes long time to arrive.

Places to Visit

There are not so many places to visit, compared to the other provinces. However, there is a famous temple registered to world heritage there. Places to visit in Preah Vihear Province are Koh Ker Temple, Preah Vihear Temple, BeTreed Adventures, Preah Khan Kompong Svay, and Kulen Prumep Wildlife Sanctuary.

Share on Social Media:

Preah Vihear Map

Announcement